Zhichun gave me a book for my birthday this year. It's called "Tilling the Soul" by Denise George. On the cover of the book, there's a phrase that says prayer penetrates our pain. At the time when I received the book, I didn't think much of the book cos @ that point in time, it didn't matter to me. As long as I was happy doing my own thing, i'm fine, that's how far away from God I was. It's not that i didn't appreciate the present but and it just didn't matter to me at all that I was far from Him.. Boy was I wrong and how apt the book was in helping me tide over a most difficult period time of my life. I'm picking up the book again to help me tide over the same phase.
im not going to be complacent again. at least i try.
at the start of each lil chapter there will be a lil quote and the quote that i love best is:
God delights in being part of our lives. do you know why He often doesn't answer prayer straight away? Because He wants to talk to us, and sometimes that's the only way to get us stay and talk to Him. His heart is for relationship. for shared adventure to the core.
John Eldredge


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home