blogger seems a lil warped today.. the page can't realli load properly lo.
slept at 12+ and woke up at 7+ today.. couldn't get to sleep & mind was running wild so i decided to wake up. =/ but i must say it's quite good quality sleep so it wasn't too bad.
yesteday was a rather fruitful day, i took 4 hours in lieu and went to settle a few things. went to town to do some primming, handed in my form for the Lady's Card (details shortly) den went to collect my new specs which i didn't really like, maybe cos it didnt match my short hair. At the same time, I also put on the contact lenses that the nice lady at the optician ordered for me (details on it later as well) and then i went to meet sotong at great world for ichiban boshi (yum!) & Spiderman 3.
first on the lady's card.. you know how the bank's sales pple stop you in your tracks and trie to convince you to sign up for a card. these pple can get pretty aggressive sometimes BUT when you give them business right under their nose, they don't see that happy after all! about 2 weeks back, this gal approach outside the UOB Bank @ Faber Hse so I took the form from her and said I'll consider. After filing for taxes, I realise I'm eligible for it so since I was dere yesterday, I popped by to see if the counter is still there. When I was there, they just treat me like some passerby, not inviting me to sit and just making me stand at the counter, going through my details. =/ irritating leh. i was thinking whether i shld write in to the bank. =P customer service isn't like that, no wonder we are ranked as one of the lowest on this survey that was conducted by Readers' Digest. They were also like whispering amongst themselves and seem to be clueless on what's going on. I gave them my payslips after scrutinising it, they ask me if I think I was eligible.. DUH! den wad do you think i'm dere for? im not so thick-skinned ok! I said that's why I brought my IR8 form but you didn't seem to need it. The guy then took it from me and said ok. GRRRRRRRRRR.
after submitting my forms, i was waiting at the busstop outside orchard and a lady approached me to ask directions to yishun and so I told there isn't anyway to get to yishun from the bus-stop so either she takes a cab or go on the mrt. I didnt sense that she was unwell and she said she is feeling dizzy and her feet is in pain so she cant walk too far. She then asked me to hail a cab for her which I tried. Ever since they started law on bus lane, private cars and taxis will avoid the bus lane at all cost so I couldn't get a cab for her. She was holding on the rubbish bin balance and I was getting a lil panicky~ So I told her to sit down while I walk to Heeren to get a cab for her. At Heeren I board a cab in about 7 - 10 mins, I explained to the cab uncle about what has happened & the uncle drove along. He didn't switch on the meter while he listened to me and he seem quite keen on helping me. However at the junction where we were going to turn left, he went, "cannot la cannot la, cannot go in bus lane.." and i reinterated that the lady is sick and can't walk! after much negotiation, he stil refused to stop and we drove pass the busstop. The lady was still there. He later stopped at centrepoint and said he will wait for her which I then said, the. lady. cant. walk. With that, I said uncle u just go ahead la since you can't even help me with this. I gave the uncle $2 since he didn't switch on meter. My friends asked why I did that but actually I dunno why also. LOL. but the POINT is there must be an exception to the bus lane issue! as with any emergency, im sure ambulances and fire engines can stop in the bus lane rite? To me, this is considered an emergency wor. Anyway, I walked back to the busstop and the lady disappeared. I looked around for her but was nowhere to be seen. Quite pissed. Not at the lady of course, but with the restrictions that comes with law. I understand that these laws are made with a purpose no doubt but surely there's some room for compassion?
spiderman 3 looked really good in the trailer but as i run my mind over the scenes, there were some unexpected twists and turns which was pretty exciting. But I thought it was a lil too hyped up. Fully understanding that it's action flick, the action was just simply too fast for me! Everything swish and swosh all around that I couldn't really catch. LOL. it was a good movie nonetheless. Took a cab home and was chatting with the friendly cabby, a stark difference from the one i took earlier in the afternoon. I narrated the incident to them and he proclaimed that he will fetch her. He said "其他的 taxi uncles 都叫我 Robin Hood 阿!" which was really funny haha.. He talked alot and I pretty much enjoyed the conversation. I think we need more cabbies like him who are a lil more daring & not kiasee.
oh crap. it's 430pm liao, must go prepare for D & D! haha i wanted to write this from 10+ in the morning now den finished.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home