it's a chore looking for a job. now im pretty lost about how i should proceed on with my career. maybe because i kept doing things my own way & not consulting God.
i recently went for an orientation by kum0n (i applied for student relations associate) and even though i didn't get shortlisted for the second interview, im glad i didn't cos' this HR personnel who contacted me is absolutely atrocious by repeating her mistake twice (actually come to think of it, its thrice!). so, i applied for the student relations position and when she first contacted me via phone, she asked if i was available to go for an orientation for the "Brand Position" but I was too happy to correct her on the phone. When she emailed me subsequently with the details, I replied her to tell her that I applied for Student Relations and she replied to say she has taken note of it. After the orientation-cum-assessment, I received an email a week later to say that i was unsuccessful, lo & behold, her subject title is Application for Brand Position. It was a fresh email, different from the one I received about the orientation. I was infuriated because all the while I may have been assessed based on a Brand Associate and not a Student Relations one. I shot an email back and she said:
"I sincerely apologise for the repeated mistake.
Yes, your application was based on Student Relations Associate position."
Yes, your application was based on Student Relations Associate position."
I am utterly disappointed. I feel that HR is very vital to a company and they are the first people who potential employees come into contact with. So what kind of image is she portraying as she represents the organization, whose 饭碗 is focused on 另类,优良教育 ?
Sad cos I was really impressed with their unique teaching methods and how they want to reach out to the poorer countries. that's on the "away" front. on the "home" front, i was really disappointed with my supervisor. during one of the monthly meetings, i gave my views on a certain procedure that's usually done by the course managers (that's me) and my colleague supported me in my view. To my supervisor, the procedure isn't suppose to be this way but in another way and then, she almost said it's because I don't handle much courses which is way I may not be familiar with the procedures. I was insulted. Super super insulted but before she could finish her statement, i went, "huh?" and i explained myself again. my colleague also supported my view and then she kept quiet. It was a really small matter, no blame was being pointed at anyone, not me and most definitely, not her. She could have just given some constructive feedback and not be defensive because there was nothing to be defensive about! The worse thing is she was going to use me to save her face. Utterly, utterly disappointed. Makes me want to leave the place even faster.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home